Health and Safety Roles and Responsibilities (non-TrainMe access)
The Health and Safety - Roles and Responsibilities (non-TrainMe access) online training module provides an overview of the role and responsibilities for staff and students while working at the University of Melbourne. The training should take 60 minutes to complete. At the end of the slides please make sure you complete a short quiz to record your results.
This training is only for people who do not have access to TrainME. Staff and students must complete this training in TrainMe if they want their results recorded.
Please only complete this training course if you are a student and/or do not have access to The University of Melbourne single sign on.
|Start your training||Start your Quiz|
This training module is divided into four units:
- OHS legal framework - 5 pages / 8 minutes
- Identify legislation governing health and safety and consequences of breath;
- Explain your duty of care obligations;
- Discuss health and safety responsibilities.
- Hazard and Risk Management - 18 pages / 25 minutes
- Describe the components of the safety management systems;
- Outline and implement the risk management process.
- Health and Safety Consultation and Issue Resolution - 5 pages / 8 minutes
- Describe the importance and process of health and safety consultation;
- Describe the function of health and safety committees.
- Responding to OHS Issues - 12 pages / 18 minutes
- Describe the instances in which records must be kept;
- State the correct procedure for responding to health and safety incidents;
- Explain which incidents and hazards should be investigated and reported, and when you should notify regulatory bodies.