Apply for approval
A step by step guide designed to give you more information about how to make an application, and the process of getting approved
If you are planning to access or use CRISPR-related materials or technologies please click here.
Our step by step guide is designed to give you more information about how to make an application, and the process of getting approved.
- Step 1
- Am I doing work that is regulated?
- What is gene technology
- What is a GMO
- What is a 'dealing', in relation to a GMO
- Is my technique or organism regulated
- Step 2
- Do I intend to release my GMO into the environment?
- What to do if your dealing takes place outside a containment facility
- Step 3
- What type of dealing am I doing
- Exempt Dealing
- Step 4
- What are my responsibilities
- Ensuring the containment facilities are suitable
- Record keeping
- Obtaining the necessary approvals
- Step 5
- Getting project approval
- NLRD application form
- DNIR application form
- Step 6
- Application review
- IBC review outcomes
- Responding to IBC comments
- OGTR process and outcomes
- Step 7
- Conditions of approval
- Your ongoing responsibilities